The upper half of the building, dating from the mid-1800’s, provides a large reception area in addition to the entrance. The slate flooring complements the sandstone and brick walls. Here, as in the lower half of the building, there is under-floor heating and a variety of lighting options to suit all moods and occasions. There are two large openings, formerly loading doors; one provides the main entrance and the other access to an extensive raised, and south-facing terrace, that is ideal for receptions on a sunny day or as a stage for performances.
The lower half of the building dates from the 17th century, with in-filled mullion windows and doorways set into its lovely rough sandstone walls. The tall vaulted roof and oak flooring provide ideal and well-proportioned space for comfortably seating up to 80 diners at round or rectangular tables. More can be seated if the upper level is used as well. The comprehensive lighting incorporates pin lights that can be directed onto each table or into the stone recesses. A further ramp and archway lead into a servery and through to the caterer’s kitchen. The two large openings, allow plenty of light and one provides access directly onto the lawn.
Both halves of the building have floor boxes for power and data input. Ten ceiling speakers and the integrated sound system ensure that speeches, presentations and films can be easily made, shown and heard. Click here to download a PDF floor plan.